Apetamin Side-effects and Precautions (PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY)
Apetamin Side-effects and Precautions (PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY)
Apetamin Syrup is used for Loss of appetite, Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods, Allergies, Cold urticaria, Perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis, Vasomotor rhinitis and other conditions. Apetamin Syrup may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Apetamin Syrup contains Cyproheptadine as an active ingredient.
Apetamin Syrup works by blocking the action of histamine.
Detailed information related to Apetamin Syrup's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Apetamin Syrup Uses
Apetamin Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Loss of appetite
- Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods
- Cold urticaria
- Perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Vasomotor rhinitis
- Allergic reactions to blood or plasma
Learn more: Uses
Apetamin Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Apetamin Syrup improves the patient's condition by performing the following functions:
Apetamin Syrup - Composition and Active Ingredients
Apetamin Syrup - Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Apetamin Syrup. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side-effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Learn more: Side-effects
Apetamin Syrup - Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can increase certain side effects
- Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Do not start or continue the drug without consulting
- Do not take this medicine while you are breastfeeding
- If you are allergic to it or any of the other ingredients
Learn more: Precautions & How to Use
Where to Buy Apetamin Syrup
Click here to find nearby pharmacies/medical stores where you can buy Apetamin Syrup.
Apetamin Syrup - Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Apetamin Syrup may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Apetamin Syrup may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
Learn more: Interactions
Apetamin Syrup - Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Apetamin Syrup is a contraindication. In addition, Apetamin Syrup should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- Bladder neck obstruction
- Cyproheptadine and other drugs of similar chemical structure
- Elderly or debilitated patients
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor therapy
- Newborn or premature infants
Learn more: Contraindications
Apetamin Syrup - Frequently asked Questions
Is Apetamin Syrup safe to consume or apply when pregnant?Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
Is Apetamin Syrup safe while breastfeeding?No
Can Apetamin Syrup be used for loss of appetite and allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods?Yes, loss of appetite and allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods are among the most common reported uses for Apetamin Syrup. Please do not use Apetamin Syrup for loss of appetite and allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods without consulting first with your doctor.
How long do I need to use Apetamin Syrup before I see improvement of my conditions?Users from YouTube and Google have reported same day and 1 week as the most common time it takes before they saw improvements in their conditions. These times may not be reflective of what you may experience or how you should use this medicine. Please consult with your doctor to check how long do you need to use Apetamin Syrup.
At what frequency do I need to use Apetamin Syrup?Users from YouTube and Google have reported thrice a day and once a day as the most common frequency of using Apetamin Syrup. Please follow your doctor's advice on how often you need to Apetamin Syrup.
Should I consume Apetamin Syrup empty stomach, before food or after food?Users from YouTube and Google have most commonly reported consuming Apetamin Syrup before food. However, this may not be reflective of how you should consume this medicine. Please follow your doctor's advice on how you should use this medicine.
Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming?If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Apetamin Syrup medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Apetamin Syrup. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?Most medicines don't come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, government's categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body's dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.
Can it be stopped immediately or do I have to slowly ween off consumption?Some medicines need to be tapered or cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body, health and other medications that you may be using.
Other important Information on Apetamin Syrup
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Apetamin Syrup
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Apetamin Syrup, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Apetamin Syrup
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Apetamin Syrup.
Expired Apetamin Syrup
- Taking a single dose of expired Apetamin Syrup is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.
Please consult your physician or pharmacist or refer to product package.